Recording Date: September 15, 2010
Air Date: October 17, 2010 (11 AM) / October 22, 2010 (2 PM)
Topic: Introduction to the Series and to the Mass
- Purpose of the series
- To learn the language of the liturgy (signs and symbols, sights and smells, sounds and silences)
- To explain the purpose of the rites and relate them to the Christian life
- Three ways to look at the Mass
- A re-presentation of the Paschal Mystery (from Palm Sunday to Ascension Thursday)
- Where does Pentecost come in?
- A grand exchange between God and man
- For all you get from God at Mass, what are you giving to Him?
- The divine liturgy, the work of God
- What can you perceive the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit doing at Mass?
- Five ways to prepare for Mass
- Prayer — build a habit of daily prayer
- Scripture — read the Bible regularly, especially those readings you'll hear at Mass
- Fasting — develop a hunger and reverence for the Eucharist
- Confession — receive Communion in the state of grace
- Silence — quiet yourself before God to listen for His "still small voice"
- Online resources
- Daily Readings
- USCCB — http://www.usccb.org/nab/
- Meditations and Reflections
- Next three episodes on the Introductory Rites
- Contact me
- Send questions to email@example.com
- Questions answered on the web site, not on the air
- Consider buying the Praying the Mass series!